The Packhouse Manager oversees farmers’ markets, on-site produce stand, wholesale accounts, and coordinates our CSA program. The Packhouse Manager is responsible for the efficient marketing of produce while maintaining quality standards and ensures that all products find the right home. The Packhouse Manager co-ordinates all post harvest handling of produce, washing, processing, packing, delivery and billing of orders.
- Processing and logging of all produce harvested from farms. Includes separate logs for donated produce, wasted produce.
- Maintaining quality standards for produce set by management staff. Relaying quality issues to individual staff when issues come up while processing.
- Maintaining cleanliness and order in processing area.
- Manage p/t packing assistant as needed and directing staff in the packhouse.
- Work with farm managers to distribute weekly fresh sheet to restaurant buyers and follow up on sales calls.
- Fill in harvest table according to orders and ensure that there are three copies available (packing area, each farm manager).
- Coordinate packing and delivery of wholesale orders.
- Maintain relationships with chefs and retail store buyers. This includes getting feedback, providing suggestions, and ensuring that restaurants are keeping to minimum orders and orders are in by 6 pm the evening before harvest.
- Generate invoicing and maintain accurate records for all wholesale activity.
Delivery & Markets
- Creation of a standard pricing list for market items. Coordinate with farm manager to determine produce to be sold at markets and appropriate pricing.
- Manage (POS) point of sale, inventory, data entry and maintenance.
- Completion of ‘take sheet’ prior to each market to track produce sold.
- Ensure market setups are complete and organized before each market.
- Label processed produce for each market when several markets are processed at once.
- Weekly data entry of logs (harvest, sales, CSA) to excel spreadsheets.
- Some markets and deliveries will be expected with this position.
- Valid class 5 licnese and ability to drive up 14’ box truck.
Begins May 1st/2020. The position is approximatley 40 hrs/week, Thursdy through Monday, with some room for flexibility if help is needed at the farmers markets or on deliveries.
• $16-20/hr. depending on experience.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com